New amp day (+pictures)

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

When I bought the EBS OctaBass, I saw EBS had a new small practice amp... I never liked my old amp, I bought it for the dimensions and because I got a very good deal. The EBS had a good size for my limited room and it had to sound better than my old amp for sure. Then, I asked for the price a couple of days ago and I ordered it.

I got it this afternoon. I practically can not check it out, just some notes and riffs. The sound is absolutely clear. It seems I have a new bass. I have only played with the tone controls at 12 o'clock (the "zero" boost/cut position) and I haven't used the filters that can be activated. I have only modified the gain and volume controls. It has 60 watts and it really can sound loud! I started to understand when some of you use the expression "move the air".

Pictures and sound clips in the next few days (it is too late for playing now).

Meanwhile, the official link to the EBS Classic Session 60.

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Really nice with good specs and features! 8)

She'll move air and won't break like the wind. :lol:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Very nice. I tried finding one of those amps when I was amp shopping not long ago, but could not track one down locally. EBS makes nice gear, from what I've heard in their demos.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thank you guys! :D

I got surprised because I thought it was much more expensive. Their other amps very pricey, more than 1,000€. When I bought the OctaBass, my friend in the store made a phone call to the Spanish distributor, so I tell him to ask for the amp price.

I only read a review in another forum (I got it by googling, perhaps it was TalkBass) and a youtube video that I found when I was looking for pedal demos. The first time I played was when I arrived at home... I got lucky!

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Looks like a great little amp. At 60 watts, it's more than a practice amp. It even has the direct out, perfect studio amp. Congrats on the new gear!

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks! I want to test that direct output. I need to install the drivers of my external audio device in my new computer. The unit has a balanced input. I think it will works. I was checking the phone output tonight and it is very clear, no noise, like with the speaker. Just I had to lower the volume a little bit.

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

The pictures. The front part can be removed, the second picture shows it. The third one shows the back side, the amp is "tiltback". Today I have some relatives at home and I practically can not play. The audio clips during the weekend.

ReplyQuote