Clear all

New Bass Amp!

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

OK, so I've been looking for a light-weight high-quality bass amp on and off for about a year, figuring a GenzBenz or Gallen-Kruger 2x10, but I was at GC and played through this one, and liked it. They have two special EQ knobs, one reduces the high-end and gives you an olde-school thump, and the other is a scoop (smiley-face) EQ. This ported 2x10 still plays my low-B properly, which my Peavey Mark IV and 2x10 dos not. It can also handle my external 4x10 cab for playing out. The new combo weighs less than either the Peavey head or cab.

http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=39

It sounds very good during our practice sessions, and is as easy to carry as I hoped.

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats Laz! Markbass are very good amps.

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I know squat about bass amps but I like the way it looks.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Very nice! This was on my short list as well. I ended up with the GK MB210 and 1x15 extension cab for times I really want to move some air.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

That looks cool! Very compact too. I'll have to show my son. He will want one. :lol: He is a GK disciple but I think he will like it. If it wasn't so far away I would come to your show and check it out. Yeah I know ... I-81 to Binghampton and ....... :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

Nice!

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
 idj
(@idj)

Very nice amp! I'm new to Bass, and I've got an entry level Ampeg that sounds good, but I'm always researching new gear. That looks really great. Good sound?

Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded. - Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Very nice amp! I'm new to Bass, and I've got an entry level Ampeg that sounds good, but I'm always researching new gear. That looks really great. Good sound?

Sounds great, with one control for a dark thumpy sound, and another for a funkier "scooped" sound.

Plus it's very light-weight!

ReplyQuote