New Bass Day!

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey All,

The bass player in our band decided that playing bass wasn't for him. (after 3 months) He decided he was going to sell it. Then the next day, he informed me that he wanted to pick up guitar for fun. I told him that I would trade my Ibanez Superstrat w/ SD Hotrod set for his bass.

He readily agreed! I won't be surprised if he sells the ibanez in a few months after not wanting to take the time to learn guitar :(

I now have a Schecter Stiletto Custom 4 bass w/ emg pickups in it. It has a sweet sound. It's the natural satin (gold) one.
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Stiletto-Custom4-Bass?sku=513049

Don't have pictures at the moment. I called up my former guitar teacher asking him to give me a few bass lessons to get me started - and then ordered David Hodges book!

I might post some pictures later when I get home.

we also found a bass player very quickly to fill in permanently for our band.

I'll also be on the lookout for a good deal on a bass amp. I current have a used Traynor 8" 15 watt amp. Kinda sounds sickly. I'll be looking for a 12 or 15 w/ some more power behind it!

(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Cool; I've seen that natural satin one and it's looks very nice!

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

Neat bass :D I'm all for natural finishes. Looking forward to hearing what you make of it through a decent amp!

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

That is one fine instrument! I have a friend who has that model with the active EQ, & he really love it. Congrats on the new bass!

ReplyQuote
(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

yeah, i never anticipated owning a bass this nice. I always figured that I would buy a cheap SX bass from rondo when I finally got around to it.....but this was too good of an opportunity to turn down!

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool bass!

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote