Clear all

NEW BASS!!! *Picture Fixed*

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

a few days ago I mentioned I was in the market for a new bass. Just so happens Guitar Center was having a huge sale, I had a huge coupon, and they had a really nice selection. I went in hoping to get a black 70s Reissue Jazz or a Highway One but I was open to any model Fender Jazz.

I narrowed it down to four pretty much immediately: A Geddy Lee Jazz, Marcus Miller Jazz (INSANE DEAL...$850 brand new), a MIM 70s Reissue Jazz and a Mustang Bass (Used, Fiesta Red Custom). The Geddy Lee looked the best, but I wasn't a fan of the maple fretboard and it didn't play quite right to me. The Mustang was cool, but a short-scale will be more like a second-bass as opposed to my main bass. The Marcus Miller was amazing, and the price was out of this world (almost half off!) but in the end it turned out to be a little too much.

The 70s Reissue ended up being just right. I couldn't pass up the price ($550 after discount) and it played on par with the Marcus Miller. I swapped out the white pickguard for a tortoise one, and this has to be the prettiest guitar I own, prettier than my American Standard Tele. Great tone, feels great, plays great, looks great. In a perfect world, I'd be bragging about my new Marcus Miller Jazz Bass, but this one makes me pretty happy too. I'm going to play it for a while with roundwounds and then maybe give flatrounds a try as I've never played them before.

for some reason I can't resize the photo properly, so here's a link:

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Very nice bass! I'm usually not a fan of the tortoise pick guards, but it looks great with the black body. Love the fret markers too.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@nocanplayatall)

Fantastic looking bass. congradulations. Is that MIM ??

ReplyQuote
(@jlwhite)

Very cool. I was just faced with a similar decision and went with the MM. Gotta love that vintage J sound.

ReplyQuote