Notifications
Clear all

Newbie with a totally thick question

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@fruitpuree)
Topic starter  

hiya, I am new to this forum. I am a wummin and a bit of an old fart. I used to play bass years ago, but gave it up when i had my kids. I still have my bass though and feel like going back to it, the only thing is that for the life of me i cannot remember what notes to tune it to. Could someone remind me please?

Cheers :)

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Being old and having children myself, I welcome you to GN! Actually, there are lots of adult players here, but most are not mature yet 8)

From lowest tone to highest: E A D G

What kind of bass do you have?

-Laz

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Actually, there are lots of adult players here, but most are not mature yet

Hey, I resemble that remark :oops: and I refuse to grow up or I will miss my lifetime goal of being in a boy band by the time I am 60 :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@argus)
Reputable Member

On the off chance that you have a 5 string, the lowest one is tuned to B.

It's very unlikely that you do, but it never hurts to help.

ReplyQuote
(@fruitpuree)
Topic starter  

:smurf:

Thanks for the replies folks and the info, (although someone on a parenting forum beat you all to it. Shame on you :D ).

I also resent the accusation of maturity, I refuse to grow up. I just expected this forum to be awash with teenagers is all. in my defence of my lack of adulthood, can I just tell you that yesterday, I spent my last tenner on strings for my bass, (Tanglewood btw), and dont know quite how I am going to feed my kids for the rest of the week, (or more importantly, to my mind, how I am going to buy ciggies for the rest of the week).

Anyway, i still have an hour before I have to collect the boy from nursery, so i am off to play with my bass till then, (it's a toss up between that and reducing my not inconsiderable ironing pile. No competition really).

Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

OK, I'll bite: which parenting forum?

-Laz

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

OK, I'll bite: which parenting forum?

-Laz
Yeah, me toooooo :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@fruitpuree)
Topic starter  

One of the lassies on http://www.badmothersclub.co.uk/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=308 beat you all to it. i think she is a violinist though rather than a guitarist, and the thread is gone now anyway.

ReplyQuote