Clear all

on my new bass

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@cluemein)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

on the bass my wife got at a pawn shop, at the head on the tuning pegs there's a swicth that go's up and down. what is this for , what does this do to the strings. it's a american made fender, she got for 300.00 was that a good price? thanks. also, if looking for bass tabs, try fretplay,. you go through the guitar tabs and just below them are the bass for the songs above. ???

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Can you post a picture of the headstock?

ReplyQuote
(@preston)
Trusted Member

A Fender bass with a switch on the headstock? That's a new one on me. ???

Are you sure that it's not a String-tree? Your D and G strings would be placed under that to give you more angle coming off of the nut. Keeps them from 'buzzing'.

If the 'switch' is actually Below the tuners for your top two strings, and doesn't seem to do anything, my bet is that a String-tree is what you are seeing.

If that bass is in good shape, and you like it...Sure, it was worth 300!

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Is it anything like what's in this picture?

http://www.geocities.com/michaelrgoodwin/BB70WP.html

It's not a Fender Bass, but it might be a Hipshot Detuner.

ReplyQuote
(@cluemein)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The bass is a fender it says so and it's american made which is cool.but,i havn't seen one like it before, with the swich on the head stock. i don't have a way of sending a picture. my childern are still home and it doesn't look like they leaving anything soon..only kidding about the childern, they are picking out my nursing home. love you guys....i may try out the fender site, and see what happerns..i need to look and see what kind of bass it is , jazz or "p".thanks for your time. oh , 1 more question, has anyone ever heard of raven guitars? i got one  a few years ago. it's a 6 string that shape like a hofner beatle bass, but, a really cool green finish,and;  i'm not a big fan of green, the reason i'm asking is when i got this , they have a 4 string bass to match it. couldn't afford both. well, if anyone can help me, let me know..    ::)

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member

http://www.geocities.com/michaelrgoodwin/BB70WP.html

Oooooooh, pretty!   :o

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I found a website that might help you put a date to the guitar, which in turn might give you more info.  mrgearhead.com/faq/guitardater.html
good luck, keep us posted to the outcome of this mystery.  Otherwise, I guess DemoEtc might be right, but never heard of anything like that before period.  Even with the proof of the picture of that Carvin.  Fender seems less experimental.  

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

The previous owner might've put it on as well. Never know. But if that's what it is, it basically allows you to drop the tuning of that string down one pitch -- from E to D.

ReplyQuote