Clear all

Our beloved bass forum

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone else noticed that posts on the bass forum are getting less and less frequent?? At this rate, it just might be extinct within months...

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I think we need to post more fluff topics just to increase traffic. :)

ReplyQuote
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I guess the lack of traffic could be taken one of three ways.  
1)  There are just not that many bassists in the online community. (Somewhat likely)
2)  Bassists just aren't as social. (Slightly less likely)
3)  Bassists are smarter than guitarists and therefore have less questions. (Sadly the least likely of the three)

ReplyQuote
(@gandalf)

I guess an extra 2 strings confuse a lot of people (if you get what I mean).

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well, I hope I don't confuse myself really bad later this year.  I am looking at a Dean Rhapsody 8 string.  Seems like an interesting way to explore new sounds.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Hey KC,

"... not dead yet."  -Monty Python.

Almost all of the non-guitar forums go through cycles.  Like it our not, this is a guitar-centric website, and other areas are for support and diversity.  But they need us, and we'll be here, no worries.  

For what it's worth, ActiveBass is strictly a bass forum, and it too goes through cycles where the discussions devolve to politics and favorite string brands.

And I think you've explained the reasons quite well.

4) All of the above.

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@preston)
Trusted Member

To expound on what Laz said...
Bass players tend to be shy and have low-paying jobs. They don't mind if there is cat furr on your couch if they need to pass out. They do not like cat furr in thier water. If you ask a bassist how to get to a near-by town...

I'll stop right here. :)

kc, what you will find the most-of in here, are axe-grinders that WISH that they could play Bass. Some can, some can't, some are somewhere in-between.
If you would like to see this Forum more dedicated, I'm sure that I could learn from you and that the Mods would have no problem with that. That is your assignment! :)

Those dang Guitar players. Always trying to learn new instruments! DARN THEM.

;D ;D ;D

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

ReplyQuote
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

kc, what you will find the most-of in here, are axe-grinders that WISH that they could play Bass. Some can, some can't, some are somewhere in-between.
If you would like to see this Forum more dedicated, I'm sure that I could learn from you and that the Mods would have no problem with that. That is your assignment! :)

Those dang Guitar players. Always trying to learn new instruments! DARN THEM.

Easy there preston, I am one of those axe-grinder/guitar player/bass wannabes. Wannabes? That word just looks funny. Besides, I would think it would be alot easier to tell what a guitarist is doing, and thus what would sound good in the bass, if you're a guitarist as well. Works for me at least.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

If you want hopping bass forums, check out http://www.talkbass.com/forum and http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums

Talkbass is jam packed with over 20,000 members.

ReplyQuote