Clear all

Please, look if you own a Bass POD or Bass POD Pro

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@metallifan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Do any of you guys who own a Bass POD or Bass POD Pro know of any good settings to generate different sounds for different styles of music

Such as -

Blues,
Jazz,
Funk,
Rock,
Metal,
Country,
Soloing,
or any more I can't think of.

Could you please post your settings.

Cheers.

This is my rifle, this is my gun; this is for fighting, this is for fun!

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

All of those genres are usually played clean: I don't see where an Fx box would be useful. You should be able to get a good sound for all of those just by tweaking the knobs on your bass and amp. If you're going directly into a computer with it, sans amp, or into headphones, you probably won't need much more than treble, mid, and bass controls to sound good. If at all possible, I'd just save the effects box for crazy effects. A good sound is mostly in the fingers anyway. Soloing might be an appropriate place to play with it.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Metllifan,

Could you please fix your email address in your profile. I keep getting rejection notices.

Nick

ReplyQuote
(@metallifan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hey nick

email is corrected now.

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

The POD series of direct boxes by Line6 are not effect boxes but merely have effects built in. PODs are much more. They have many different types of amp models to choose from for getting warmer tones and an overall better sound.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Yes, I checked them out before posting. My point was that when using one through an amp, you probably don't need to use it at all, and you probably don't need to do much even when going DI. When I said, "save the effects box for crazy effects", I meant that you probably don't need to do much with it unless you're going for crazy effects.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

just clarifying for others.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@metallifan)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Look, I have a POD and would like to get some use out of it?

So, instead of saying "you shouldn't be using it", "only for crazy effects" lets cut the crap.

Could you just respond to what i've asked for?

How to get bluesy, jazzy, rock, metal, country sounds out of the POD?

Cheers

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

I didn't say not to use it. Ever. I did say you did not need to, unless you want crazy effects. Personally, I like crazy effects a lot, so when I say to save it for crazy effects, that's hardly telling you not to use it. I maintain that it's probably more trouble than it's worth to do much more than set the EQ when playing clean. With the EQ, you can probably get all those sounds just fine, without even delving into the amp modeling.

If you've got no problem working to end up with your final tone, why don't you just experiment with the thing yourself? I don't mean to say you shouldn't ask others for suggestions, but you asked, I gave my opinion, and that's all I can be reasonably expected to do. I didn't stop anyone else from giving answers to you, so I wasn't any less helpful that I would have been if I just kept my mouth (fingers, since I'm typing?) shut. I was helpful, in my opinion.

Izz: Sure, I thought you might have believed me to be responding while misinformed.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

In my opinion too Paul.

Relax Metallifan.

Anyways, just try messing with the EQ and maybe drive knobs. Id say just play with the different amp models. I have never played with a Bass POD but have with a Bass PODxt and i own a PODxt. Really its just trying all the different amp models and presets and the like and then customizing. Bass isint quite like guitar i think. Clean works for many things.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@g-bass)
Trusted Member

Effects for each genre? Umm well I don't own that effects box, but I'll try to explain as well as I can anyway (I have an Ibanez: PD7 Bass Overdrive pedal) Ok, For metal and rock: distortion. your drive should be decently high(how powerful you'd like the effect to be), then the attack is your choice(assuming this is an option), attack adds more overtones in the high range..basicly it's similar to drive, but emphasizes which ever effect you choose.
Blues and country: Turn it to over drive and turn the attack off, drive should be 1/4 up.
Funk and jazz: Set it to clean, but put your attack up, drive it your choice but I'd put it to about 1/2.
Anyways, I know it's not too much, but I'm not even sure what your effects box's settings are. Can you post them? Better yet, I'm sure the "owners manual" tell you something.

G-Bass
Play bass, it just plain rules!

ReplyQuote