Clear all

Slap. sore hands!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

So today i got my hands on a 1/16" allen wrench and dropped my action on my squier to almost nothing. It buzzed so i raised it up a hair until it didnt buzz anymore. But hey, now i can slap! Before, the noise just wasnt right because the strings were like a mile off the fretboard... anyways... Ive been trying out the slap technique today and boy is my fretting hand sore from trying to play Tell Me Baby. Does anyone know some effective ways to build strength, especially with the pinky, which seems to be my favorite finger to use?

Thanks

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

One thing you can try (that doesn't require any exercise device) is to lay your forearm on the desktop with your hand and fingers in a 'cup' position, wrist straight with the arm. Then keeping the wrist straight, push down on the desk with one finger at a time so that it raises your forearm off the surface. Sort of like miniture pushups.

Do it extremely slowly so that the muscles work through the whole range of movement, and try to single out each finger so the others don't move with it.

Don't do it excessively; just whenever it comes to mind during the day.

ReplyQuote
(@hartkeha3500)
Eminent Member

dont push down too hard
i used to do that with slapping i would push down so hard top the point i would almost break my fingers
believe me if makes popping alot easier and faster
for a technique try slapping and popping from pivot notes
to fit the pinky
also start with something a little easier with slap pop just to get your moption right
a certain shade of green by incubus
thats good toi get rhythm
also some black eyed blonde by the chillis
and one with good pivot note slapping and popping is get up and jump by the chilli peppers

ReplyQuote