Clear all

Special Bass Cable???

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Is there any good reason to get a MONSTER BASS CABLE instead of a regular ol' instrument cable? Or are Monster's claims of "extended low-end frequency response and wide dynamic range" simply marketing hype? Anyone actually compared one to a standard cable?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I've never used a special bass cable. This sounds like pure hype to me, but I could be terribly wrong...

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

For those prices the cable needs to have magical powers.

Has anyone ever tried to get someone to honor a life time warrenty on a cable? I have at least one cable that has one but as far as I could see it lacked any distinctive markings, take it into a store and ask for a replacement and tell them what, uh, this plain looking black cable has a life time warranty... uh... lifetime warranty sounds great but I'd have a hard time walking into a store to actually get that replacement cable (as opposed to just buying a new one...).

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I notice that Monster also offers special "keyboard cables" ... they must have it down to a science. :roll:

I think I'll order from bayoucables.com instead; less expensive, no b.s., and highly regarded.

Has anyone ever tried to get someone to honor a life time warrenty on a cable?.

I've read that if you buy something like that at GC or Sam Ash, you just bring it back to them and they replace it. But I'm sure you'd need proof of purchase.

At Bayou Cables, the guy who runs it has a similar lifetime warranty but you have to mail the cable back to him. However, I'm told his stuff lasts ...

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Thy the Fatso Flex cables:

spectraflex.com

They have custom cloth exterior and have a lifetime warranty. Love their cables.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote