Clear all

String Change

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Im scared of doing it.  The things are so huge!  I dont wanna waste 20-30 bucks because I broke a string.  I got tuners with slots.  Whats that all about?  Im a guitar guy and I have yet to change my strings on my bass (2 years).  I can play ok but I get annoying buzz.  Im thinking this will fix that.  Thanks.

aka Izabella

(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

You'll have a hard time breaking one, unless you tune it way too high.  I assume the strings go into a hole in the bottom of the slot, then bend and wrap around the post.  You just clip the string at the proper length, stick it in there, bend, and crank up.  The only hard part is clipping them off in the right spot.  I don't think that will fix the buzz, but it may.  I'd say you're due for a change anyway.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

String changes have typically fixed buzzes for me.  My bass never used to buzz.  Maybe it did but i didnt know what it was.  Dunno.  Gonna go change em now.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@mike-green)

Have you changed the Strings yet, and if so is the buzzing still there??

If it is then might I suggest getting the pickups on the guitar cleaned or looked at. It might be them. If all else fails check your leads.

Hope this helps,

M 8)

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

They are fret buzzes.  I hear them without it being plugged in.  I rarely plug my bass in because i dont have an amp for it.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

hey dude, i know what your talking about here...

may i ask how you keep your bass? like do you keep it in a case, or on a stand? check your neck for straightness....

but yeah, new strings might take care of the buzzing for ya.

ReplyQuote