Clear all

The wonderful world of amps

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone have any experience with any of these amps or the brands in general to give me a little help in my search for a good amp under $500?

(@97reb)
Noble Member

Well, you have three good ones there. They are all top brand names. You could also check into Behringer and I am most likely going to get the Ashdown Electric Blue 180-15. It is 180 watts with a 15" speaker for $300. If you then wanted to spend your other $200 on effects such as the Behringer V-amp floor or rackmount modeling equipment, that could be good. It is what I am interested in doing. All I have now is the 30 Watt Roland Cubase. It has great tone, but as far as gigging, not enough thump. Maybe micing one of the Roland's thru a PA, but I think not. Let us know what you decide.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@kc13088)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Well, I am currently leaning toward the GK because it has a lot of nice features (including footswitchable distortion) and I like the tone better than most other amps I've tried. I'd be willing to look at a Behringer some time but I haven't seen one in any of my local music stores, and I wouldn't dare buy something I had never tested myself. Another downfall of living in the middle of nowhere. :x

ReplyQuote