Clear all

ThunderFingers new rig is here!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This is the new GK backline 600 head he bought along with the 2 X 10 cab with tweeter. (You can switch the tweeter off and on) He paired it with the 1 x 15 cab from his GK Brat Pack. Both cabs are rated 200 watts and are 8 ohms. A perfect match!

The cabs have the same handles and hardware but his old one is carpet and the new toilex. The metal grill is now silver instead of black, but physically they lock together and most importantly they are a perfect match in power handeling and resistance. It sounds awsome for sure. Funny, the one picture almost makes it look cute and little. It stands 4 feet high. Thankfully it is on wheels.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Very nice!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, he seems to like it pretty well so far. His old head was 125 watts at 8 ohms but could not run a lower load. This head is rated 300 watts at 4 ohms and will run at 4 ohms just fine. Otherwise the two heads are identical. He just wanted more power and a mix of speakers for a greater tonal range.

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Great rig. I use the Backline 600 with a 210 GLX (the same as the MBX, but with gold foil) and a SWR 115 and it will move some air. Most shows, I just use 1 of the cabs because I'm too lazy to carry both and I rarely turn it up past 3 or 4. I love that GK sound.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I love that GK sound.
As does my son! 8) The Backline 600 is identical to the Bratpack he has but more power and is able to handle the 2 cabs as it can run at 4 ohms. The Bratpack is the same head as the Backline 250. (Can only go down to 8 ohms) We have already discussed the flexability of being able to use either cab or both. He is a happy man with that 600. :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote