Skip to content
1st post....1 Guita...

Notifications
Clear all

1st post....1 Guitar... what you guys think?

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@metalman)
Topic starter  

Hey Guys this is my first time posting on this forum, i read quite a few posts and the information i found on this site was amazing!

Basically u i just got a Squire Stage Master HSH and a Behringer gx210 Amp

what do you guys think of this gear?

Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I don't know much about the gear. What I do know, is that your gear isn't really that important when you first start. It's all really in the fingers ya know?

Welcome to the site MetalMan

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

yeah, welcome to guitarnoise, metalman! :) Your fingers are gonna hurt but eventually it'll go away. 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Hi and welcome

There are some great lessons on the Home page. Combine them with finger exercises, Theory, and postive thoughts. You'll be on your way to becoming a great guitar player.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to the musical madhouse. Enjoy the new toys!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Squire guitars are prefectly fine beginner instruments. They're not high end machines, but they are servicable, and can even go on stage with you for gigs if you spend $5 and a bit of soldier on shielding them.

Behringer Amps are ok practice amps, you won't ever want to use it on stage, and if you get really serious about playing should probably be replaced by something higher end before you replace the Squire.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Welcome to the forum and the addiction :)

John M

ReplyQuote
(@metalman)
Topic starter  

Well at least my fingers aint hurtin:) they did for the first day but now the the ammount of hours practicing i got immune to it!! thanks a lot guys for the warm welcome!!! :)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Nice setup. The guitar is more then enough to start on, but the amp will probably not be able to give you a metal sound without pedals, but that's no issue in the beginning.
Behringer Amps are ok practice amps, you won't ever want to use it on stage, and if you get really serious about playing should probably be replaced by something higher end before you replace the Squire.

That's quite a statement. While I agree that the GX line ain't really the top of tone, it is more then possible to get a proper sound out of a Behringer-only setup. For example: V-amp2 pro, DSP2024+behringer PA. Totally different setup from the average tube guy but if you know your way around these digital equipment you can get great sounds out of them. My opinion, ofcourse.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

ok, should have qualified that with the gx line.

Although I really don't like solid state sound, but that's a personal thing, plenty of folks like it just fine. STill, the GX line is practice quality at best.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote