Notifications
Clear all

41 and just starting

71 Posts
47 Users
0 Likes
10.2 K Views
(@bruce-spencer)

49 and have been playing for 3 and half years. I agree with all that has been said, just keep at it, it will come. I'm not great but I can play easy songs from start to finsh and even sing along.

ReplyQuote
(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

Just keep working at the song. All the advice about chord changing is right on target.

Eventually muscle memory takes over and you'll begin to change chords without thinking about it. That's when the changes start to become smoother. Once you've played a change about 501 times. It will happen.

Does it really take about 500 times.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@catalina3899)
Estimable Member

April 6th, 2003, a month after my 42nd birthday, my first guitar purchased on E-bay (1990 Koran Squire Strat with a 10 watt CD10 practice amp for $110.00) arrived. Since that time four Guitars and two amps have come and gone and not more than a day goes by that I don't enjoy playing. It does and will get better with time. Good Luck and dont give up on yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@sara-avacolt)

am i the only 14 yr old here??

Sara owns joo!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Maybe the only 14 year old in this thread, but we have 100s of teens who regularly read guitarnoise articles. I'm not sure how many post to the forums.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

am i the only 14 yr old here??

I know of a 16 year old in Seattle........... Izabella.................

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

Picked up my first guitar at the young age of 50. I'm about to turn 52 and I must say I'm well pleased with my progress. But the first few months I thought I'd never get it. Just got a leftie Mandolin for Christmas, you think guitar strings are hard on the finger tips, you should try one of these babies, OOuch!

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@sara-avacolt)

Well im glad there some more rockers! but seriously i feel alone and left out everyones so old..

Sara owns joo!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

sara, when you get a bit older, you may learn about this thing called tact.....

old indeed. :shock:

Why don't you make your own post looking for other whippersnappers? :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@dave_c_73)

how r ya ! I know exactly what your talking about. I'm 30 and just trying to pick up the guitatr aswell. I'm having alot of trouble changing chords aswell, good luck. Let me know if u find any tricks.

ReplyQuote
(@brianh)

i am 52 fellas and still trying,as the great tommy emmanuel always says- get to work!!!

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Hello everyone, Nick, you keep changing faces, it's hard to keep track. I'm 56 and just started, and it's great. I saw a guitar player last night doing some very fast and complex strumming, singing, and watching the football game on the tv next to him, and joking with the crowd, and never missed a beat. Oh did I mention, he also drank about 6 beers while he was playing? So I'm convinced with enough practice the strumming will be second nature. Happy New Year!!!

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

We're not old!! You'll be our age before you know it, just wait and see.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I'm 14!!! (Please ban me for my pointless post)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

well 14 to 50 + age group here isn't it amazing we are talking about the same thing ?

one doesn't see this too often , i 'm 40 and I don't consider myself old your as young as you feel and trust me I feel damn good .

Been there done that got the T-shirt now chilling out with my Fender along with my 12 year old boy .

Practise practise practise it will all come one day and you'll believe you can anything , and it will be truely precious .

never say never

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 5