Clear all

alcohol and playing

33 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I find that performing in a bar while drinking, the energy and adrenaline of playing negate alcohol's effect.
You must not have been drinking enough so try harder :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use to be a real hard drinker but now it is the easiest thing I do.

Many many years ago I use to play and drink a lot and thought it made me play better. Then I heard the recordings.

Now I am comfortable at a house party or barbecue and drinking a few beers and playing but when I have too many I try not to pick up the guitar. It's not just my playing, which gets bad enough, it is that I start singing which is cruel and unusual punishment for anyone near by.

I can tell you a story about someone who it does not directly impact their playing and singing and maybe helped. Back in the late 80's me and another guy were in charge of entertainment for a large hot air balloon festival in the south. We booked a lot of acts but one that sticks in my mind is Charlie Daniels. He rolled in on the bus, since he was already feeling no pain they helped him off the bus, he went into the trailer and drank a significant amount of JD, they poured him onto the stage on time, he performed flawlessly for and hour and 45 minutes all the time sipping something, they brought him back to the trailer and him and I drank a 1/5 of Jack and coke. He got on the bus and off he went (I took a nap). When he arrived I didn't think he was going to be able to perform but he brought the house down.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

I get high off hearing us (my band) play... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

There ya go yoyo.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3