Clear all

Amp settings

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@starrk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, I've been playing electric for a couple weeks and I was wondering how much your amp settings matter. My father gave me his squire electric guitar bundle and I just turned all the settings up but I'm not sure if it's right. I do hear a lot of buzzing when I'm not playing anything could that be the reason?

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to the forum.

The amp settings do matter. They control tone, volume and to some extent distortion depending on the amp.

What you may be hearing as far as buzzing could be one of several issues. First, most strats will be noisy due to their single coil pickup set up. There could also be a short in the jack, guitar cable or a bad solder connection under the pick guard.

If you notice the buzzing change just by moving the guitar around in proximity of the amp, it's probably just the inherent noisiness of the pickups.

Enjoy your rig and have fun playing.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@starrk)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Welcome to the forum.

The amp settings do matter. They control tone, volume and to some extent distortion depending on the amp.

What you may be hearing as far as buzzing could be one of several issues. First, most strats will be noisy due to their single coil pickup set up. There could also be a short in the jack, guitar cable or a bad solder connection under the pick guard.

If you notice the buzzing change just by moving the guitar around in proximity of the amp, it's probably just the inherent noisiness of the pickups.

Enjoy your rig and have fun playing.
Thanks I appreciate the response. I can move and quiet it down a lot I think it's a cheap guitar so that my be it I know my cord is new though

ReplyQuote