Notifications
Clear all

Another beginner in need of advice

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@njbowhunter19)
Topic starter  

Im 21 years old and im a rock enthusiast. I love everything about electric guitars and Ive decided to buy one. At 11 years old my father bought me a Squire Fender Strat and a used amp and i took lessons for a year and a half, and stopped. I wasn't really good and only could perform small finger exercises well. I made my mind up on a guitar and i want a Epiphone Les Paul. I love the sound they put out, and i love that style so many great guitarists rocked over the past 5 decades. I hate to say it like this but i guess i like the "Slash" sound, even though im a diehard Perry and Crespo fan.

Here are my questions for the experts. im not very knowledgable on equipment and their performance.

Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pro
Epiphone Les Paul Tribute
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Pr
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
etc..
My budget is in the 600 area

What are the differences, which one would fit a beginner better most likely. What are coil taps on the models that come with it

I know many will say go to a music store and try some out but im starting from scratch and im unsure what to purchase.

Also how about an amp. Im totally clueless on amps. I understand the more money the better quality in most cases. Whats a medium priced amp that would go hand in hand with the les paul that has alot of features.

Lastly any advice on getting better. Im taking a shot in the dark on this one and didnt know if theres some great internet lessons, self exercises, or anything you can offer that can help me improve my capabilities.

Thanks everyone, im really interested and it's something i have my heart set on. Help me make my dreams come true

(@alangreen)

This budget is Pounds? Euros? Canadian Dollars?

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@njbowhunter19)
Topic starter  

Im sorry, 600-1000 dollars. including guitar, amp, cord, strap, etc...

ReplyQuote
(@steves6)
Trusted Member

Yep, Go to every guitar store and pawn shop in Your area, Pickup every guitar in Your price range...Buy the one that 'speaks' to You.

Take Your guitar to every guitar store and pawn shop in Your area, Plug in to every Amp. in Your price range, Buy the one that 'speaks' to You...

Tryout stuff that's above Your price range at the stores, Then keep a sharp eye on Your areas Craigs list...

When You pickup 'Your' guitar...You will know it! :D

Happy Huntin!

ReplyQuote