Clear all

Another tuner question

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

This may sound kinda stupid, but are you suppose to plug your electronic tuners into the amp? or just from the tuner to the guitar?

Thanks

SLODOGG62

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

If your guitar's already plugged into the amp and you've got a headphone/line out socket, then yes you could plug the tuner into the amp. Most people thoughh just take a line from guitar to tuner.

Not a stupid question BTW - they're only easy if you know the answer!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@slodogg)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

If your guitar's already plugged into the amp and you've got a headphone/line out socket, then yes you could plug the tuner into the amp. Most people thoughh just take a line from guitar to tuner.

Not a stupid question BTW - they're only easy if you know the answer!

:D :D :D

Vic

Thanks alot Vic, appreciate it!!

SLODOGG62

ReplyQuote
(@eirraca)
Estimable Member

I only have one cord/no headphone at the moment and I tune mine just fine running guitar to tuner. :)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Some tuners have an in and an out jack so it can go between your guitar and amp. My Sabine was like that. I never used it that way though. I just plugged the guitar into it, tuned up, unplugged it and then plugged into the amp. I do have a cheap stage tuner now that is in my FX chain but that is meant to run that way. It has big bright LED's and is foot switch operated. It has 2 outputs, one with and one without sound. It's good for a quick tuneup between songs but I don't think it's as accurate as my Korg.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@colonel)
Eminent Member

At times I've done it both ways, just to make sure that there's no difference. Don't know what I'm really looking for, just being anal retentive I guess.

Slodogg - love the avatar. One of my favorite albums of all time.

Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation.

-- William Arthur Wood

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

You have to plug it in? Just kidding... :oops:

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote