Skip to content
anyone know how to ...

Notifications
Clear all

anyone know how to set the tone knobs on a fender strat?

21 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
20.3 K Views
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Geoff, your guitar is different. A Les Paul standard with four knobs: 2 volumes and 2 tones, one for each pick up (volumes in front, tones in rear; neck pickup top, bridge pickup bottom). Put the switch in the middle position and move the knobs, you will hear the difference.

And yes, you can apply the same theory.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

A Tokai Love rock is a nice guitar! Yes, 2 volume, 2 tone.

I could not bring myself to do it and no one else could, but I was hoping for this answer:

Question: Anyone know how to set the tone knobs on a Fender Strat?

Answer: Twist them! :lol:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Answer: Twist them!
The same answer would apply to this question.

Does anyone know how to make a Strat neck sound like a big "KA_CHINK!!!!!!"? :twisted:

Only good for one time, though. :(

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

The same answer would apply to this question.

Does anyone know how to make a Strat neck sound like a big "KA_CHINK!!!!!!"? :twisted:

Only good for one time, though. :(

One time only, you can adjust your Strat for a KA_CHINK as well as a KER_CHUNK with skill, so both sounds together?

You might want to practice on something a little more solid at first, and with easy-to-set knobs. You can't beat this (anymore). Also works on the Tokai Love Rock, and similar guitars with zero to four knobs, one for each function. :shock:

Eventually with patience you will be ready to go back to the original challenge how to set those more difficult Strat knobs.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@geoff-h)
Eminent Member

All,

Thank you for the info. Now I know which does what, I can spend the rest of the night working out how to use them. I guess that will take a while.

Cheers

Geoff

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

:lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2