Skip to content
Anyone need some he...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone need some help with their practice sessions?

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Just found this, thought it might be of some use to someone. Hopefully. It's from a violin site but the article itself is pretty generic and should work equally well for guitar, or any other instrument you might be playing.

http://www.violinonline.com/practicetips.htm

(@voodoo_merman)
Reputable Member

Thanks Arjen. Nice article.

At this time I would like to tell you that NO MATTER WHAT...IT IS WITH GOD. HE IS GRACIOUS AND MERCIFUL. HIS WAY IS IN LOVE, THROUGH WHICH WE ALL ARE. IT IS TRULY -- A LOVE SUPREME --. John Coltrane

ReplyQuote
(@bennett)
Reputable Member

Some great tips there. Thanks for the link, Arjen. :)

From little things big things grow - Paul Kelly

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

I printed it to hang it up. I need to see this for a reminder to stay on track and avoid unproductive tangents. Simple to have structured practice, even easier I think to 'wander' at times.

Thanks. 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I saved and printed it also. For sure I'm in the lowest quartile for practicing "right." My practice is really just playing along to the CD for new or old songs. Sad.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

Nice link, Arjen. I always wonder am I getting the most out of my practice sessions. There were some good tips in there about how to work on rough spots, which is something I need to improve on.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

ReplyQuote
(@shygirl)

I was just thinking of asking how I should actually be practicing. I usually just kind of fool around with some chords, attempt a few songs, get discouraged, lose confidence, then come back again later and do it all over again. Thanks for the great article!

ReplyQuote