Clear all

basic theory

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@grungy-grunge)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

hello, im not very good at explaining myself but...

this is like real basic theory but know u have the a,g,b,d,f on thoughs lines with the clef and that? (forgot what there called, yes my theory is shit) and then the f,a,c,e in between them...were do they represent on the guitar? like the notes u play on the guitar?.. ok you probley wont beable to undersatnd me but owell...

im not like them
but i can pretend
the sun has gone
but i have a light
the day is done
but im haveing fun
i think im dumb
or maybe just happy
i think im just happy..i think im just happy

Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

hello, im not very good at explaining myself but...

this is like real basic theory but know u have the a,g,b,d,f on thoughs lines with the clef and that? (forgot what there called, yes my theory is poop) and then the f,a,c,e in between them...were do they represent on the guitar? like the notes u play on the guitar?.. ok you probley wont beable to undersatnd me but owell...

I'm not the best one to answer this. I would probably ask Noteboat but here's my half cent response. If memory serves me correctly and that's not always guaranteed, what I notice is the letters you used...a,g,b,d,f for the "lines" should be E, G, B, D, F. The spaces you named are correct.

The way I was taught to remember them is Every Good Boy Deserves Fudge. (sorry ladies that was how I was taught it.) I suppose for the sake of gender equivalence we could say "babe" instead of "boy". :wink:

As far as where you play them on the guitar I'm going to state this as a question so others can tell me what I answered wrong...How else will I learn this, too?

The bottom line is E which should correspond to your low E or open 6th string? The OPEN 5th string would be your A or the second space and so forth.

Hope I'm right and hope this helps.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Take a look at http://guitar.about.com/library/bl010799.htm
It's fairly simple once you see the pattern, but just remember that there is usually more than one place to play the same note. Unlike a wind instrument where there is only one way to produce a given note.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Check these too:

Rosetta Stone: Lesson on reading sheet music and Noteboat's Lesson on Standard Notation

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I won't confuse with details, but the middle line (the 'B' note) is played on the open second (i.e. second thinnest) string. Also the note, on the second string, at the first fret is "middle C" - that's the same note that you'll find on a piano right above the keyhole.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote