Clear all

Beginner blues

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@lucille)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

My fingers hurt. :( I'm practicing daily and I'll do a set of chords, only to completely forget which finger goes where five minutes later.
I know I'm just paying my dues and if I keep practicing, things will get better.
I hope.

(@alangreen)

Yep, we've all been there.

Stick with it, it gets easier.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

If your practicing daily, you will see big improvement very quickly!

Good luck!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@rsadler)
Reputable Member

DOn't try to learn too many too fast. Start with three or so, then work on making clean chord changes and proper finger placement. You'd be surprised how many songs you can play with just a few chords.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I bet you hear things perfectly in your head, but like all the rest of us, real time is different ( not disappointing).
in time your fingers will just know where to go. the chords changes will be smooth, and then another struggle will pop up.
I am talking about the learning plateau that will come around again and again.
enjoy the journey of learning and playing guitar. sore fingers and all. you will never regret learning and playing, but you will for sure regret quitting.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I bet you hear things perfectly in your head, but like all the rest of us, real time is different ( not disappointing).
in time your fingers will just know where to go. the chords changes will be smooth, and then another struggle will pop up.
I am talking about the learning plateau that will come around again and again.
enjoy the journey of learning and playing guitar. sore fingers and all. you will never regret learning and playing, but you will for sure regret quitting.

MAN you got that right!!! The good news is the walls do come less often as you progress.... and you start to learn how to knock them down and move on. And you know.... when your starting out... when you make it over those first few walls.... the ride down is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@gavster)

Hi stick with it, you are practising daily, thats brilliant, I wish my students did, you will continually improve - do some recordings and keep them as snapshots to be able to assess your progress. You won't believe how much you have improved after only a few months. Enjoy every moment and even enjoy the mistakes you make as those are the experiences you learn the most from. Good luck.

ReplyQuote