Clear all

Beginner Guitarist. Please Help!

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@abalmer)
Topic starter  

Hi all,

First off as a new member I would like to say hi to everyone! I am really excited to join the community! I am in need of some help! I am learning to play the guitar and could use some advice. My friend recommended the below E-Book on how to play guitar by Stefan Schyga and it has been pretty beneficial. However, it is a little broad and I could use some backup information. Would any members happen to have any free resources on how to play the guitar and/or expand on Stefan Schyga's theories? I appreciate all you help and let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks again!!

http://www.ebooks.thehelpster.com/learn-how-to-play-the-guitar-we-make-it-simple/

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Have you checked out the lessons on this site? And welcome to the musical madhouse!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@abalmer)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the response. I havnt checked out the lessons but I will definitely do so soon! Do you know anything about the e-book I mentioned above? Is it a reliable resource in the meantime? Thanks again for your help!

ReplyQuote
(@adrianjmartin)
Estimable Member

Seems like a spam site to me - why trust the content there? bizarre popups - content not available in your area --- just don't go there.....

Use THIS site ( guitar noise ) and others recommended here, such as http://JustinGuitar.com both Free! and hassle free.

Both will be getting donations from me shortly.....

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Welcome to GN.
One thing you'll need to be aware of is that many sites will make staements like..."Become a blues guitar legend in 3 weeks" or "...Master the guitar in 3 easy steps..." Most, if not all of these sites are making misleading statements. It's going to take practice, practice and more practice. There is no easy way around it. The lessons on GuitarNoise will help you get started in the right direction. Ask lots of questions, practice every day and you'll be well on your way.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

The reviews forum (below this one) might have some reviews of instructional materials too. You might see something interesting there.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@palace)

Youtube has got a lot of beginner video lessons

ReplyQuote