Clear all

Beginner Songs

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@warkthogus)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am a complete newbie and need some SIMPLE songs to learn for an accoustic guitar. Thanks.

"You were born an original, don't die a copy"

(@j-rock)
Estimable Member

Go to the easy songs for beginners on this site. Start at the bottom with Horse with No Name, and work your way through.

I can look back with a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.

ReplyQuote
(@geetar66)
Estimable Member

By complete newbie, what do you mean? Do you know any chords yet?

Meet me tonight in Atlantic City

ReplyQuote
(@warkthogus)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I don't know any chords or even the names of notes (I'm working on that!) It would be nice if the songs had instructions for the chords.

By the way, thanks to GoodVicHunting (awesome name!) and J Rock. I owe you guys.

"You were born an original, don't die a copy"

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Go to the 'Absolute Beginner' link https://www.guitarnoise.com/topics/absolute-beginner/

Start there and work your way down the links at the left of the homepage. Learn the basics of the guitar.... chords, chord progressions, tablature, theory, and even basic easy songs for beginners. You are at THE best place to begin your guitar experience! Just start at the beginning. This site is set up to teach you methodically everything you will need to know....... the practice and gaining of experience is up to you! Good luck! And, if you ever have questions, there are BUNCHES of wonderful people here more than willing to answer them for you!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote