Bridge Pin Extraction

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@montezuma)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi,
I have not seen one in shops but I am sure there must be a bridge pin pulling device out there somewhere. I hae been using my teeth, pliers and assorted levers each time I change my strings and despite being as careful as I can the pins are beginning to look scuffed (not surprisingly). I am sure I should be using some more sensible method.
Any suggestions.
Thanks
Ola

“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.” - Winnie the Pooh

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Get a plastic peg winder - most music shops have them. They're pretty cheap, and there's a slot on the end of it for pulling bridge pins.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dunlop-Bridge-Pin-Puller-Bottle-Opener?sku=368701

Sure, you could get something that winds strings too ...... but this one opens bottles! :lol: Seriously though, they have cheaper versions of this without the bottle opener as well. I think I paid $3 for mine.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i use a pair of wire nippers with a paper towel to protect the guitar/pin

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

And you have the wire cutters handy when you're restringing. Work great.

(You don't leave those ridiculous long tags of string hanging from your tuners, right?)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

And you have the wire cutters handy when you're restringing. Work great.

(You don't leave those ridiculous long tags of string hanging from your tuners, right?)

:wink:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Whiskers! :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

lol

they are a good way to keep small or unexperienced hands from touching your tuning pegs though! :lol:

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@montezuma)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks guys.
I think I'll go for the one with the beer opener. Changing strings can be thirsty work. :)
erm, :oops: , lets just say my guitar looks like its just had a really bad hairdo. Time for a trim.
Cheers
Ola

“Poetry and Hums aren't things which you get, they're things which get you. And all you can do is go where they can find you.” - Winnie the Pooh

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Attaboy! :mrgreen:

ReplyQuote
(@higglesworth)

I usually use a quarter or a dime and gently pry the pin up and out. Works like a charm.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Or reach in through the soundhole with that dime and push the pins out from underneath.

ReplyQuote