Skip to content
Can someone please ...

Notifications
Clear all

Can someone please help me figure out fingerings for this?

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@irideflatland)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I bought my guitar about a month ago and practiced from the book for about a week, but then I just stopped playing it because learning the basics is boring. But I would really like to play this song: http://www.guitarmasta.net/a/ataris,_the/223406.html , but I can't figure out how to play those chords. The ones with 3 fingers are ok, but the ones with 4 are impossible for me to play. Any ideas?

Thanks.

FPS Gaming

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

The ones noted x6997 should be fingered 1-3-4-2. The ones noted 2442xx or 4664xx should be fingered 1-3-4-1.

You should probably rethink skipping over the 'boring' basics.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@irideflatland)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The ones noted 2442xx or 4664xx should be fingered 1-3-4-1.

How do I use 1 finger for 2 strings?

You should probably rethink skipping over the 'boring' basics.

Ya, but I don't really plan on playing it that much anyways. I just want to learn a couple songs.

FPS Gaming

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

The using 1 finger for 2 strings comes into play in 95% of songs. AT least 2 strings that is, 1 finger for 5 strings is very common.

Its calling "barring". Instead of using the tip of your finger,put the meaty part on the two strings.

When it comes down to barring 5 or 6 strings, you'll put your whole finger over all the strings.

The boring basics are going to be in almost every song.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

hey guys, i"m learning tuesdays gone, by skynard, i know all the chords to the song, but i cant get the strumming down, is it possible that i just don't have any rythem? i try to listen to the song really close, but there are 3 guitars in it and i cant really here how the strumming goes,
any tips?

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

sorry guys, meant to post that as a new topic, messed up :roll:

ReplyQuote