Clear all

Case

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@j-rock)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I need to buy a case but I'm not sure whether I should buy a soft case or a hard case. Eventually I'll take lessons so I'll need it for that, and I also plan on taking it out for long weekends away. Suggestions.

I can look back with a smile, knowing that my ambition far exceeded my talent.

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Hard case.

How appropriate - I just came home from an afternoon gig, and my gear had shifted in the van. When I opened the back door, a guitar fell on the driveway. It's fine - they don't leave the house unless they're in hard cases.

Gig bags are convenient, lighter, and cheaper, but don't offer that much protection. Over the years, I'll bet I've dropped guitars about six times - the investment in good cases paid for itself the first time or two, I'm sure.

They're not even very expensive - I got an SKB flight case on sale about a year ago for around $80 or so.

Oh, and one of my students plays classical guitar. He actually uses one of my hard cases as a footrest - it keeps him from having to carry more stuff to his lessons.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@slowfingers)
Trusted Member

^^^What he said^^^

Most on this page would be fine. Avoid the chipboard cases, but just about any there at $60 plus will work just fine. I have an SKB Freedom case for my Seagull.

Seagull M6 Gloss

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

If you look on ebay you can actually get guitars that come with hard cases for less than $80 occasionally.

Not to give away my trade secrets, but I'll buy el cheapo guitars or broken guitars if I can get the case for cheap.

ReplyQuote
(@wishiwasthebest)
Estimable Member

yea, ebay is awsome!!!
but go hardcases for sure. to many incidents with gig bags, not me, but ive seen people bump into doors, trip...ect, so yea, hard case for SURE!

RIP Dimebag

ReplyQuote