Clear all

Changing betweend chords faster

22 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Capo changes the tuning. I not sure on the notes at the moment, but to just pratice cord shapes the capo makes a nut and the cords are lower on the neck and easier to play.

hilch, the bar is not actually straight, but the finger is slightly rolled toward the nut. You only need to touch at 6, 2, & 1 for E barre and 5&1 for A barre. Touch the 6th slightly with the tip of the barre to mute the string. Hope this helps.

John M

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

hi there been reading posts to this topic and there is some wonderful advise yet again from the other gn members .

just shows how people from all walks of life can band together for one common cause , just wish all the worlds politics could do the same
( wishful thinking on my behalf I think )

What Hilch was saying had a lot to do with muscle memory if you look at your fret board you will see the frets getting closer and closer , so by using the capo you can teach your self the more challenging chords such as C , alot of beginners struggle with this as the fingers do have to stretch a considerable distance . learning it down the neck then moving the capo up once you have mastered it becomes a easy challenge . I have taught many people the same way and if not mistaken I gave the same advise to Hilch a few months ago ( maybe that's where he got it from ?) will ask him

any way better go and hilch take 300 m advise on bar chords it is the only way to go

cheers

L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@just-a-learner)
Eminent Member

Lotto King

Thank you very much for your advice. My oversight reflects my lack of experience. I did'nt mean to be rude to hilch when I asked for for his advice to be explained more detail :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@lotto-king)
Prominent Member

no worry's mate

I understood what you both meant ( hope I was not too abrupt ) sorry if it sounded that way :wink:

can I just say one more thing that Hilch said " the good times out way the bad times 1000 times over "
practice practice and then practice , you will be playing your favourite songs in no time

CHEERS

L.K :arrow:

Aghhhh

Not only am I a senior citizen

I'm now a bloody senior member

Are you people trying to tell me I'm old or what ?

over 700 posts ( I really do need to get out more )

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

hey

well I don't know how it works I have no idea , frets closer must have alot to do with it , I am sorry but I can't define it as I am also only new , I just get advise from here and practice it . When I read the post I thought I would offer the same advise that was given to me when I posted simular question some months ago . As for Lotto King giving me the advise I have no idea I just read / post and reply there are so many wonderful people here all willing to give advise .

Thank you all at G N you make this old fellow feel it's worth while continuing with something I thought I would never be able to do and that is play the guitar

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@just-a-learner)
Eminent Member

Hilch

Thank you for your help, any feedback for me as a beginner is always positive because I'm enjoying the journey.This forum makes it a whole lot easier.

Cheers
:P

ReplyQuote
 300m
(@300m)
Reputable Member

Maybe this will help, the guitar scale is a logarithmic scale versus a linear scale. The frets get closer together as you go up the neck (toward the body). This means you fngers will strech more to make the cords at the nut or 1st postion vs further up the neck. As in Lotto King's example, making a C cord shape when you have a cappo at the 5th fret is easier on the fingers than at the 1st postion. Also realize that the cappo on the 5th fret the notes change.
Normal tuning is E, A, D, G, B, E
CAPPO TUNING A, D, G, C, E, A
At the 5th fret the C shape is actually the F cord FAC vs the C maj of CEG.

John M

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2