Db tuning?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@thedude)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Just curious about Db tuning.

Is this the correct way, and if so, which string is which? I play left handed so I get confused sometimes. :wink:

Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb

My guess is that it begins at the first (highest) string, but I just want to clarify that.

Thanks! :D

http://pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL174/2016453/3903966/98827354.jpg

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I think you have from low to high (sounding) and Drop Db tuning or Drop D down a half step.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Do you want drop D tuning tuned down half a step or open D tuning tuned down half a step?

If you want an open D, you'd tune to:

D A D F# A D. Just lower that half a step for open Db.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@thedude)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Do you want drop D tuning tuned down half a step or open D tuning tuned down half a step?

I don't know. :? I'm trying to play "One Thing" by Finger Eleven and one TAB said it was in Db tuning. I just want to make sure I get the tuning right so I can try to figure out the notes to the song on my own.

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I don't know the song so I can't help. Try OneWingedAngel's tuning first. It's the easiest to tune to. If the song sounds right, you've got what you need. If not, then try the one I posted.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I don't know. :? I'm trying to play "One Thing" by Finger Eleven and one TAB said it was in Db tuning. I just want to make sure I get the tuning right so I can try to figure out the notes to the song on my own.

I know that song! It is Drop D down a half step. So just tune to Drop D then lower all the strings a half step.

ReplyQuote
(@thedude)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I know that song! It is Drop D down a half step. So just tune to Drop D then lower all the strings a half step.

I see now! Since I play left handed I'm used to reading chords and strings backwards so I get confused sometimes. :wink:

Thanks! :D

ReplyQuote