Notifications
Clear all

Decisions, Decisions -First Electric guitar

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@garye5007)
Topic starter  

Hi, second post here. Went to guitar store today and bought a Squier Bullet Strat. The salesman recommended it for a beginner...He seems to be competent. They also had a Epiphone Les Paul Special II that also caught my eye for about $25 more. I held and strummed both a bit not being able to tell much difference as a beginner and I am beginning to have second thoughts. The price goes up after the end of the month on the Les Paul. I realize that these are both pretty low end guitars. but I don't want to spend a lot on something to learn on. The Strat is still in the box and the store has a 30 day no question return policy. My musical taste is classic rock.
So my question to you is which do you folks feel is a better choice for the money for a beginner the Strat or the Les Paul?
Any advice would be greatly Appreciated!
Thanks, Gary

(@alangreen)

Both are perfectly ok - Squier are part of the Fender range and Simon Neill from Biffy Clyro uses one. Epiphone are part of the Gibson stable, and I use one for my electric guitar work.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@garye5007)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the response!
I returned the Strat and got the LP.
I hope I can learn to play it as nice as it looks!

ReplyQuote