discouraging fathers.

54 Posts
25 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Maise,

For what it's worth my father was the same way, always critical of everything I did..but that was him. Sure it was annoying sometimes but I learned to live with it. If that's his worst quality I'd say your OK.

Just keep playing and have fun it'll be fine.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

. . . but I still am waiting for some answer on how many angels . . .

KR2

Jeez Ken! Any well read person KNOWS the answer is 42! They had a computer work on it for AGES! EONS even!

sheesh . . . :roll: :mrgreen:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Thanks Moonrider . . . now I can sleep at night . . .

The Answer to Life, the Universe, . . . Everything

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

Maisie,
The point I was trying make earlier was, not everyone has a father (that's sticks around anyway), I had stepdad's. And, not everyone has a father that cares enough to drive them to a guitar store (or anywhere for that matter). Let that anger go.

We had a dog that died years ago, I would get angry when he made a mess or wouldn't stop barking! If he were alive today, believe me – there is NOTHING he could do that would get me angry.

Did you see where I'm coming from? There a line in a song, “You don't know what you got till it's gone”.
Bob Jessie

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

. . . but I still am waiting for some answer on how many angels . . .

KR2

Jeez Ken! Any well read person KNOWS the answer is 42! They had a computer work on it for AGES! EONS even!

sheesh . . . :roll: :mrgreen:
That almost went right over my head. Man it's been a long time since I read that :lol:

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

It's because we love you Netzok. Tough love.

- Guitarnoise Dad

By tough love . . .

do you mean he's tough to love?

Are we all having fun? . . . Are we there yet?

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Sorry but you are wrong about that, people leave boards because they have other things to do or find other interests or just want something new. Other people can't be bothered to post in flame wars, and some people leave because they see people arbitrarily posting stuff to tweak others. I doubt many, if anyone leaves for the reason you mention.

Arjen tends to post well thought out responses that support his position. I bet he does that just about everywhere, not just here. I enjoy reading his stuff because he usually isn't arbitrary for the sake of being arbitrary. You watch, now he's gonna go and post, "Yes I am."

You are right though, one of her options is to burn that bridge, alienate her family and run away. Most of the other posters here just don't think that's the best one.

You are free to post your opinion, everybody else is free to post their opinion in response. Just don't make it a personal attack and we should all be fine.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

This thread may now appear a bit disjointed as one of our guitarnoise members asked me to delete his account and remove his posts.

Now, back to guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Sorry to see him leave :(

ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member

What should I do?

I say learn a couple of easy songs when you're ready, prove him wrong, and make him proud.

Oh - and remember to record your progress on cam for the Beginner's Videos thread on 'Hear Here'.

Good luck :D

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

We all have bad days . . .

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Time for a QUeen song...Another One Bites the Dust!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

So, the question is, what's Masie going to do with her dad?

I hope she's still around to take part in the discussion.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@hyperborea)
Prominent Member

Most 14 year olds will ignore any worldly advice . . .
like being grateful for what they have . . .
because at 14 we ALL already knew what was important . . .
we didn't need to be told . . . in fact, we kind of resented it.

Yeah, it's amazing how parents, after getting soooo stupid when you hit puberty, all of sudden get smart again sometime around the time that you hit 25 to 30. :lol:

Pop music is about stealing pocket money from children. - Ian Anderson

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

I think you are just outnumbered on the board by the geezers and dads. You are welcome to your opinion and I encourage you to post it. Sometimes as a geezer I forget what it was like to be young and rebellious and downtrodden. But take my word for it, the only difference between being young and old is time.

Ain't THAT the truth!

I've posted a few things about my own querries concerning my sons. As an "official geezer" I can still remember WHY I got onto this site in the first place: to try somehow to look at things from my boys' perspective. This GN thing is great for that. Consequently, I've been less critical of what I see going on GN over time...as I have toward my boys.

(EXCEPT for tuning!!! :lol: )

So, Maisie...you CAN teach an Old Dog new tricks!

But to put a point on all this...and answer the question as to whether or not this stuff "belongs" on GN:

Yes! Emphatically, yes! There's so much to WRITE about! I'm in the middle of "ghosting" an album for my boys. The music's the easy part...but trying to come up with lyrics "from their side" is easier thanks to the legs this particular post has...

Maisie...I STILL say you should have a good listen to "Teach" by Crosby/Stills/Nash/Young...off the Deja Vu album...

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4