25 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

That is too weird. I know my dad did.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Wow, it is a little disjointed now. :lol: Hate to see anyone leave, but I do feel discussion is healthy. I'm a geezer .... Dad ... heck even a Grandad! Wow, when the he#l did I get old? I remember when I was young, 12 maybe, my older brother (10 years older) discouraged me. Told me it was too hard. Gee, who can play better now. (He doesn't play anymore, hasn't for years) My Dad? Well he always encouraged me .... at everything I did. He's been gone for some 21 years or so now, but he still encourages me every day of my life. Ummmm ... so how the heck is everybody out there anyhow? :wink:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Better thanks.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Those father-son or father-daughter relationships or nonrelationships . . . very powerful stuff.
Should be more songs written about it.
I don't think I could top Cat Stevens' Father and Son.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Or "Boy Named Sue" 8)

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Or "Boy Named Sue" 8)
Yeh, that would be the non-relationship :mrgreen:

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"The Living Years" - Mike and the Mechanics. Great song, with the excellent Paul Carrack on vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8mPS0-2Xq8

Hey, is it just me, or is Mike Rutherford beginning to look a little like Pete Townshend from certain angles?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Cool! Everybody can ground themselves into some song or other when it comes to intergenerational understanding...or un-understanding, for that matter!

Hey! Izzn't that what songs are all about?

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@tsoltrs)

Getting a guitar is great. My first guitar was an acoustic too and theres nothing better than playing a nice relaxing riff on it. First thing to do on an acoustic is (assuming you know your basic chords already) is start learning to pluck them. Plucking out chords on an acoustic sounds great and is usually harder than it really seems.

Good songs to try out are

Be like that by 3 doors down. VEEEERRRY good song to play on acoustic and highly recommended.
Time of your life by Green Day

Eventually you can play one of my fav's. what its like by everlast.

Good luck!!

Forget music school! Learn guitar on video!
http://tsoltrs.guitarhot.hop.clickbank.net/

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4