Clear all

Drum Machines

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was reading the thread on guitar players being able to "just play", and the part about playing scales over songs led me to wonder if getting a drum machine would be a good investment. Does anyone have any experience in this area? If I do plan on getting one, it will be a long time coming, I'm still saving up for an electric plus amp.

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Definitely usefull! You could look into a basic keybord or cheap multi-effect, some had some nice rhytm patterns in them and they cost only a few bucks used.

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Here's a free on you can use now: PC Drummer Demo

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@garytalley)
Trusted Member

It's very useful to play along with a drum machine. Its way more fun than a metronome.

creator of #1 video"Guitar Playing for Songwriters"

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

Something else I really recommend if you are getting into scales and soloing is getting some sort of loop machine or four track, etc. That way you can lay down a rhythm and jam over it. It helps learn exactly how notes fit on top of one another and harmonize over a chord progression. Invaluble. :D

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Something else I really recommend if you are getting into scales and soloing is getting some sort of loop machine or four track, etc. That way you can lay down a rhythm and jam over it. It helps learn exactly how notes fit on top of one another and harmonize over a chord progression. Invaluble. :D

Isn't that what a drum machine does? Now that I have the one on my computer for now, does anyone have any advice on the best way to use it?

ReplyQuote