Easy but,,,

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Some time ago, I asked for the tab to "Flowers on the Wall" by the Statler Brothers. Some one replied and sent me here http://www.chordie.com/chord.pere/www.roughstock.com/cowpie/songs/plaintext.html/s/statler_brothers/flowers_on_the_wall-crd.html Thanks whoever you were, I can't find my original post. It is a very easy song to play, however, if you look at it and try to play it, the Am that starts the chorus just doesn't sound right to me. I've tried other chords, but just can't find the right one. Any help or advise appreciated. Thanks, Gary :wink:

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I used to love this song when I was a kid. :D

I went to YouTube and listened to the song, the Am chord for the chorus sounds correct to me. One thing that doesn't sound correct is the G Major chord throughout the song. Maybe being a little picky here, but I think those should be a G7 chord. Doesn't hurt to use a plain G, but the 7th chord is far more colorful.

Just my 2 cents.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Here's where I found it. I'll have to look on Youtube like Wes said. I'm really looking for the original that had only 4 voices and 1 guitar, no backup.

http://statlerbrothers.com/music/stlrsongs.html

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I do this song, always use Am, and it sounds fine to me tonally.

Maybe it's the bassline that's making sound out to you? When I'm not singing I do the alternating bass notes along with the Am. I do it throughout, but it's mainly to fill out the gap in the singing with some interest. If I'm singing I'll mess that up, so instead I'll throw in an Asus2 (lift your finger off the B string) for the last beat of each bar.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote