Clear all

Easy songs for beginners archive down?!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@lukey_g81)
Topic starter  

Hi all

I tried accessing the "Easy songs for beginners archive" this morning but received an error message - Has anyone else been able to access the archive?
I hope this is not a permanent closure of the archive as I find it really useful.

(Sorry if this post appears twice but I tried posting this earlier but can not see it in the topic list)

Luke

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The reason for your post not appearing immediately is that the first 5 posts have to be authorised by a moderator. It is a necessary evil to fight spam.

We have had problems, like many other sites, with the problem of copyright. We are in the process of trying to sort out a deal that would allow us to return, at least, some of the tabs. But, until then......................

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

The lessons, the text of the lessons anyway, are still there. Paul was putting up a brand new one this morning and that might have been when you were trying to access the directory. You should find them up online now. At least they were a minute ago!

And keep your fingers crossed! We're awaiting word from several publishers about the possibility of getting the rights to use their songs, which will bring most of the notation and tablature for the old lessons (plus getting new ones every month!) back to the pages of Guitar Noise. More news as it becomes available, as they say.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@apache)
Reputable Member

And keep your fingers crossed! We're awaiting word from several publishers about the possibility of getting the rights to use their songs, which will bring most of the notation and tablature for the old lessons (plus getting new ones every month!) back to the pages of Guitar Noise. More news as it becomes available, as they say.

Peace

That's excellent news David - thank you to all involved for their hard work on this :D

ReplyQuote