Notifications
Clear all

Electric Guitar,What should I get ?

27 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Or you could with with the best of both worlds and go for a Squier Fat Telecaster bucker in the neck position for that fat SG sound and a single coil in the bridge for that traditional fender sound

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

PRS Santana SE all the way!

Hmmm maybe but I'm partial to the Custom 24. :D

But anything PRS will get you satisfied....IMHO

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@hanzo)
Trusted Member

One guitar that really impressed me was the Godin Exit 22. It's around $400 and has a really neat look and sound to it. It has single coils with a bucker in the bridge and comes in a natural wood finish with a maple or rosewood fret board. When I was buying my Tele it was the one other guitar I really was considering at the time. Quality was great, but I just felt more comfortable with the Tele at the time. Check it out though.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I don't think anyone's mentioned Agile guitars yet.

So I won't, either.

Even if I do like 'em a whole bunch.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

+1 for Agiles! They are probably the best bang for not alot of bucks. Check them out at Rondo Music's website (Google to find it). 8)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I've told this story before, but it'll bear another outing - February last year, pocket full of cash, went to buy a Fender Telecaster after seeing Status Quo live for the umpteenth time - I just HAD to have a Telecaster, no other guitar would satisfy my craving....until I actually tried them in the shop....I just didn't like the feel of them for some reason. I told the assistant my Squier Strat actually felt and sounded better than one model....whereupon he gave me a Squier Telecaster to try. I loved it straight away.....

Fender Telecaster, £435...
Squier Telecaster, £135...

I bought the Squier....and a 12-string (since sold on, never really got to grips with it...) and a 15W Cube amp I wanted anyway, which I tried the guitars through....

All for less than the price of the Fender.....

Somebody's already mentioned it, and I'll second them....a good guitar picks you out! Try before you buy, and if possible, try it through an amp the same as or similar to the one you have or are going to get....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@hanzo)
Trusted Member

I've told this story before, but it'll bear another outing - February last year, pocket full of cash, went to buy a Fender Telecaster after seeing Status Quo live for the umpteenth time - I just HAD to have a Telecaster, no other guitar would satisfy my craving....until I actually tried them in the shop....I just didn't like the feel of them for some reason. I told the assistant my Squier Strat actually felt and sounded better than one model....whereupon he gave me a Squier Telecaster to try. I loved it straight away.....

Fender Telecaster, £435...
Squier Telecaster, £135...

I bought the Squier....and a 12-string (since sold on, never really got to grips with it...) and a 15W Cube amp I wanted anyway, which I tried the guitars through....

All for less than the price of the Fender.....

Somebody's already mentioned it, and I'll second them....a good guitar picks you out! Try before you buy, and if possible, try it through an amp the same as or similar to the one you have or are going to get....

:D :D :D

Vic

I agree with the "right guitar picks you out". I "played" 8 guitars on the day I bought my Tele. When I played my blue Tele I just knew it was the one. It just felt right. The Godin had this feeling until I hit on the Tele, but yeah, 5 minutes on it and I just knew it was the one. And it was the third Tele I had tried, so it wasn't just the style. Can't explain how it works, but it does.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

If someone did mention Agiles, and someone did decide to Google up Rondo Music to check them out, they'd probably find something close to: http://rondomusic.net/

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Wait, did someone say Agile?

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

You should defanitely check out Schecter. They make rock solid guitars that play like their worth 3 times as much!

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
(@se7en)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

THANK YOU guys ,all of you.!!! :D I WILL try everything I'll find,
Guitars between $100 - $1000, Besides,I forgot I'm gonna need an AMP as well :shock:

ReplyQuote
(@nexion)
Honorable Member

...Besides,I forgot I'm gonna need an AMP as well :shock:
That might be helpful.

"That’s what takes place when a song is written: You see something that isn’t there. Then you use your instrument to find it."
- John Frusciante

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2