Notifications
Clear all

Eric Clapton - Noob reference

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@lespaul1958)
Topic starter  

Hi all - I am a complete novice and am hoping someone can explain a term re Eric Clapton's solo at the Nelson Mandela Tribute. Apparently the poster felt that Clapton's solo in Money For Nothing contained a "noob" and that M Knopfler was not pleased. Any general ideas on what a "noob" in someone's playing (especially Clapton's mastery) might mean? Thank you for your comments.

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

After hunting around Youtube for a while, I found this video. I assume it's the one you were talking about.
The comment I think you are referring to is on the second page of comments, right?

Now, as to the "noob" comment... Have you heard the term troll?
'cause that's what I assume is going on there.

Pay no attention to most of the comments on Youtube videos. There's not often a lot of value in them.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Pay no attention to most of the comments on Youtube videos. There's not often a lot of value in them.
Massive, massive +1 to that.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

yeah, the term noob basically is "newbie"

Saying Eric Clapton is a noob is funny. I think Knopfler is a better guitarist, but when you get to that level, does it really matter? LOL.

Guy who said it most likely is just trying to start stuff.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@preacher)
Estimable Member

VERY wise post.

I play the guitar, I taught myself how to play the guitar, which was a bad decision... because I didn't know how to play it, so I was a sh***y teacher. I would never have went to me. -Mitch Hedberg

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

yeah, the term noob basically is "newbie"

Saying Eric Clapton is a noob is funny. I think Knopfler is a better guitarist, but when you get to that level, does it really matter? LOL.

Guy who said it most likely is just trying to start stuff.
I disagree....of course there's someone......I think Knopfler is more creative & not necessarily a better guitar player.
In fact, I love some of Clapton's stolen riffs.

ReplyQuote