Every Rose - Strum help

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@brian-f)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hello-

I found this thread in the Easy Song DB on Poison's 'Every Rose' from a year ago, but I'm having trouble with the strumming pattern and timing.

see- https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=624

(There was a link to an MP3 file but it no longer works.)

The two strumming patterns used in the song are below

#1 - DD/DUDU/UD

#2 - D/DUDU

I'm probably looking at these wrong, but it seems like there are 6 beats and 3 beats in these patterns respectively; however, the timing on the song feels like it should be in 4/4 rather than 3/4. As I tap it out with my foot while singing I can't get it to feel right in 3/4.

Can someone help with this? Is it in 4/4 time and I'm just reading the patterns wrong? Are the "/"s some kind of pause? Does anyone have an MP3 of how this should be played so I can get my head right with this and rock out with some Poison?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@scoop)

jim, i can't thank you enough for the link to the site on strumming! i've been playing for 3 months and this is a huge help. strumming has been my biggest foe so far. now if i could only learn to hear strumming patterns as they're being played in songs.
thanks again!

scoop :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@tuoti)

Jim, ditto on the thanks for the link. Time of Your Life is one of my favorites that was on my "to learn" list.

ReplyQuote
(@brian-f)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the great link Missileman. So Every Rose is in 3/4 time right?

ReplyQuote