Notifications
Clear all

Extreme newbie

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@renko369)
Topic starter  

ok, I recently became interested in playin the guitar, unfortunatly I probably wont be able to get lessons. So Im gonna learn to do it on the internet, and through my friends (one of which is really good at guitar.) I have an acoustic guitar, and now I wanna find some good quality, free articles on the internet for a guy who has never played music before, on any instrument. Anyone have any good links? or any recommendations of what I should learn first.

(@rejectedagain)
Estimable Member

welcome to guitarnoise first off. i take it you need a good beginner's site with some good lessons and this is the site i learned from: guitar.about.com... it's got some good beginner's lessons in there, and a great chord dictionary. another site i used before, not as helpful as i progressed was: http://www.learn-guitar-online.com . good luck. these sites will help explain the basics of the guitar first such as explain the parts and then progress into actually learning things. once again good luck!

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Don't forget: there are many lessons for beginners right here at Guitarnoise.

ReplyQuote
(@renko369)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the warm welcome. Ill check out some of those sites right now. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
(@rejectedagain)
Estimable Member

no problem. Being a fairly new beginner myself, I wish i'd have known about guitarnoise before hand, it woulda come in handy. paul is correct there are lessons here. the reason i failed to mention that is because I found GN after i had already started guitar. But check out the lessons here too, they're probably very helpful.

ReplyQuote
(@renko369)
Topic starter  

that guitar.about.com is really good. It seems like its definatly gonna help. I think Im gonna give it a rest for today though. My fingers hurt.

ReplyQuote
(@rejectedagain)
Estimable Member

haha. that's what happens, you'll develop calluses eventually.

ReplyQuote