Notifications
Clear all

Faith Hill's Wish For You (Chords)

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jeffob13)
Topic starter  

I really want to learn this song for me wife.. Its a beautiful lullaby on her last album.. Can anybody post at least the basic chords.. I have looked on all the web sites that have tabs etc. And this song is nowwhere to be found..

New Songwriter

(@martin-6)
Honorable Member

Well it seems the song is in D#. So you could play it in D with capo 1, or in C with capo 3 (I prefer the latter).

The basic verse chords are (with capo 3)
C F G C
Am F G C

The bridge goes Em F something something (I'm too lazy to figure it all out)

You could either devise a picking pattern to go over the chords, or figure out all the runs that are used by ear (they're all notes from the C major scale, it wouldn't be that hard to transcribe them all) or just improvise somewhat in C major if you're comfortable with that. Or just play chords, but if you are just playing chords, try to roll through each chord very slowly and cleanly so that every note can be heard distinctly - that way it sounds more like you are playing sequences of notes rather than just bang-C, bang-F, bang-G...

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

If I recall correctly, everything from Fireflies is out in book format. Not guitar tab, but piano music with guitar chords. Probably costs less than twenty bucks and you might, depending on where you live find it in your local library. Or you might sneak a peek at one in your local music store...

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@jeffob13)
Topic starter  

Thanks.. I played around and thought I had the opening last night.. I had capo on 1 & started in D Then to A then ended back on D to end each phrase

New Songwriter

ReplyQuote
(@jeffob13)
Topic starter  

My ear is terrible.. Can anyone post the chords for the rest of the chorus
& bridge

New Songwriter

ReplyQuote