Clear all

Fender Stratacoustic & Teleacoustic Guitars...Good Guita

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@roadwolf)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I really like the looks of the Fender Stratacoustic & Teleacoustic guitars and I've been considering purchasing one or both. I've read a lot of pro's & con's (mostly con's) on these guitars. I've heard some say the strings are set too high on the fretboard, unplugged they sound bad, plugged in they sound great. Also, is there any difference in the sound of these two guitars? Does the Stratacoustic really have a Strat sound, does the Teleacoustic really have a Tele sound? I know Fender discontinued them a few years ago, but they still seem to be a hot item on ebay, selling for around $170.00 to $200.00. Also, Squier (by Fender), has recently reintroduced these guitars in the Squier line. Music 123 sells them for $233.00 with Free Shipping. Were any improvements made to these guitars? Which would do, buy a used Fender or a new Squier?

(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I never found them that great. I jammed a few times on one, and wans't impressed. Plays nicely, lacks tone. It's like a bad Ovation pretty much.

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Get a squier tele with a fender frontman amp.That way , you can get closer to the 'fender' sound.IMO , its best to stay away from the guitars you have mentioned.

ReplyQuote
(@roadwolf)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I never found them that great. I jammed a few times on one, and wans't impressed. Plays nicely, lacks tone. It's like a bad Ovation pretty much. Thanks for your comment, I appreciate your reply. :D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@roadwolf)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Get a squier tele with a fender frontman amp.That way , you can get closer to the 'fender' sound.IMO , its best to stay away from the guitars you have mentioned. A Squier Telecaster is an option I am considering. I just thought the Teleacoustic was a very cool looking guitar, but I'd read a lot of negative feedback on it. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

ReplyQuote
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I play a Gibson LP, and an American Standard Strat (I also have an Ibanez and a cheap strat knock-off for travelling). I really like my Gibby, but I love the way my Strat plays. I feel like I have total domination of the fret board when playing my Strat. I love the Gibby and I have no fear that it will become neglected, by for playability I really prefer my Strat. It may be de the the fact that I basically learned how to play on my Strat and have had it for several years now and I just bought the Gibby last year.

I can't say that one sounds any better than the other. They both have very different sounds and I like them both for what they are.

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

ReplyQuote
(@thectrain)
Estimable Member

I played the stratacoustic it was ok... It woudln't be a bad toy guitar. But if you dont have an acoustic get a full bodied one, I think you would find the osund of the stratacoustic to be less then overwhelming.

ReplyQuote
(@roadwolf)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I played the stratacoustic it was ok... It woudln't be a bad toy guitar. But if you dont have an acoustic get a full bodied one, I think you would find the osund of the stratacoustic to be less then overwhelming. I have a Epiphone PR 100 that I bought about 5 years ago. It's a decent guitar. I've decided against a Stratacoustic or Teleacoustic. I just bought a new electric instead. I bought a Squier Telecaster (Tele Special).

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

So how is your squier....can we have some pics...

I love teles myself.Does it gets you the sound you want ? (Clean , twang etc)

ReplyQuote