17 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

This is my personal opinion of listening to the first 10 seconds:

d d (pause) u d u d (pause) u d u

repeat

What do you think? I may be wrong as im no professional, just using some experience and ear.

I was in the same boat when I first started to learn - You need to listen to the record over and over. Depends how complicated the record is to start with. If its a pop song then it should be fine. Look up different strumming patterns and nail them. Theres probably about 10 different patterns that are used millions of times in pop songs - just different speeds, muting etc... can make the same pattern sound different. You just have to use your ear and learn some patterns. I always thought why dont they tell you the pattern on tab sites but if you look into it, its very hard to tab strumming patterns. If you can get it to sound very similar to the original record then I would say its fine and you are probably near correct and wouldnt worry too much about getting it perfect.

HTH

Exactomondo, my friend. (Or that's what I picked up anyway.)

Nice song, too.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@dalboy)
Eminent Member

This is my personal opinion of listening to the first 10 seconds:

d d (pause) u d u d (pause) u d u

repeat

What do you think? I may be wrong as im no professional, just using some experience and ear.

I was in the same boat when I first started to learn - You need to listen to the record over and over. Depends how complicated the record is to start with. If its a pop song then it should be fine. Look up different strumming patterns and nail them. Theres probably about 10 different patterns that are used millions of times in pop songs - just different speeds, muting etc... can make the same pattern sound different. You just have to use your ear and learn some patterns. I always thought why dont they tell you the pattern on tab sites but if you look into it, its very hard to tab strumming patterns. If you can get it to sound very similar to the original record then I would say its fine and you are probably near correct and wouldnt worry too much about getting it perfect.

HTH

Exactomondo, my friend. (Or that's what I picked up anyway.)

Nice song, too.
Cheers for agreeing - Looks like I have learnt something in my couple of years with a guitar :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2