Clear all

Finger position question....

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@tabmow)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

In the following guitar tab snippet (Pearl Jam's "Betterman" if you care), i have a question about finger positions.
For the first little bit, both the 6th & 3rd strings are 2nd fret and 2nd string is third fret, so i used my index finger on 6th string, middle finger for 3rd, and ring finger for 2nd string (if that makes any sense).
However, in the next little bit, it's 4rth fret for the 6th string & 2nd string, and 3rd fret for the 3rd string (B), so i was reversing my first & middle finger positions (ie the strings). Should i stick with this 'position' (ie. middle finger for 6th string) on the first bit too? Just wondering what the easiest transition in this case would be. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------
------3---0-----------3---0-----------4---0---------4---4-4--[4]
------2-----2---------2-----2---------3-----3-----3---3-----3---
2-------------0h2-------------0h4-------------0h4----[4]--------

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

what I'd do: fret the B string for the entire riff with the pinky, the G string with your middle finger. Fret the 2nd fret 6th string with your index finger. When you go to the 2nd part, just slide the middlefinger and pinky up, and fret the 4th fret 6th string with your ring finger.

ReplyQuote
(@tabmow)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Arjen, okay thanks I'll give it a try.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

what I'd do: fret the B string for the entire riff with the pinky, the G string with your middle finger. Fret the 2nd fret 6th string with your index finger. When you go to the 2nd part, just slide the middlefinger and pinky up, and fret the 4th fret 6th string with your ring finger.

Me too

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote