Notifications
Clear all

First Guitar?

37 Posts
35 Users
0 Likes
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member

My first guitar was an ovation. Got it from costco. For some reason though I don't consider it my first guitar. I usually think of my first guitar as my black Fender Stratocaster HSS with a metal pickguard.

Ahh.... I love that guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@welshman)
Estimable Member

My first acoustic was bought for me by my parents when I was 11 but I only had it a month and I was about 34 before I picked up another one. No idea where that one went and not even sure of the make but it was a delicious bassy sounding acoustic. Since then I have never really come across anything with an equal sound even though. Now my house is full of electric and acoustic guitars. Am I a hoarder - probably .. but what the hell - it's fun!

What did the guitarist do when he was told to turn on his amp?
He caressed it softly and told it that he loved it.

ReplyQuote
(@the_jinj)
Eminent Member

Had a no name nylon strung acoustic with action so high your could trap your hand if you weren't careful....
Next up was a strat style electric branded Axe - my god that was awful lol

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

I had a plastic guitar for my first guitar ! It played terribly above the first five frets but I didn't know how to play anything up there anyways . It had nylon strings and sounded as bad as you would expect a plastic guitar to sound . It did come with an instruction booklet and gave me the foundation to play a few chords . It came to an inglorious end when , while tuning one string and plucking another , the neck snapped . Fortunately for me , my older sister got a wooden guitar that same Christmas and we shared hers for a while . My first wood guitar was "bought " using S&H green stamps , a Telestar model if memory serves me right . It was much better than the plastic one but still not a very good guitar . My first leads were played on that one . Oh what memories !

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
 jimh
(@jimh)
Estimable Member

My first was one of those Esteban acoustic-electrics. Not a great guitar, but at least it got me playing. I still have it.

Music is the universal language.

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

My first guitar was a Dean acoustic. Not bad. I sold it to my nephew (who plays left-handed) for $50. After I cleaned it up
and changed the strings it was a little hard to part with it! I blame my girlfriend!!!

She kept asking me - "How many guitars do you own now?"

Geeessssseeee

BJ

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Just wondering how many of you still have your first guitar? I'm going to be acquiring an acoustic/electric to upgrade my S6+ (less an upgrade than a sideways-grade to a Takamine with built in electronics). Originally, I thought that I'd be ok with selling the guitar to recoup some of the costs of this new guitar, but now that I think about it, I'm not sure I can really let it go. :)

Anyhow, just wondering what you all did with your first guitar?

My first guitar was a Washburn D10S, I sold it after about 2 years. Ironically 8 guitars later I just bought the same guitar in the 12 string version. Obviously I liked the first one, wife just makes me keep my inventory down to reasonable numbers.

Eric

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3