Close
Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

first gutiar advice

(@obelix)
Topic starter  

Hello everybody i,m 46 never had guitar ever but thought i would start i,m going to get a IBANEZ GAX30 as my first ever guitar as i have swollen fingers and this has a wider fret board is there any advice for a beginner of my age i want to learn rock/blues but not the screaming rock

Isom
(@isom)
Eminent Member

All I can say is good luck with your pick. I am also new to guitar and I already have six because I'm looking for just the right one, and most are bought online.

:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

All I can say is good luck with your pick. I am also new to guitar and I already have six because I'm looking for just the right one, and most are bought online.
some people have told me if you can best to go into the shop so you can feel it and whatnot witch makes seance i guess

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

Why do you have 6 if your new as well

ReplyQuote
 Isom
(@isom)
Eminent Member

I just can't help myself. They are so pretty!!! Also, in the back of my head I keep thinking that if I find the right guitar that it will make me a better player. Until I find it I keep looking and keep practicing...

:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

I just can't help myself. They are so pretty!!! Also, in the back of my head I keep thinking that if I find the right guitar that it will make me a better player. Until I find it I keep looking and keep practicing...

I have to save for mine but only plan getting 2 guitars want to learn on the gax30 then get the prs 22 standard Santana but i understand they are so some are so beautiful what is your favorite and worse guitar i know its strange but i don't like the start or Les Paul not sure why just don't

ReplyQuote
(@gdub7870)
Eminent Member

I just started playing too. Bought an epiphone Les Paul which I'm giving to my son and picked up a minty Jackson Js22 to continue learning on. Currently working on power chord progression. Good luck

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I find Snarling Dog Brain picks (nylon) or Jim Dunlop (nylon) picks easy...They don't spin around & the knurls keep them in place.

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

I find Snarling Dog Brain picks (nylon) or Jim Dunlop (nylon) picks easy...They don't spin around & the knurls keep them in place.
thanks for that i just brought random bundle from ebay

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Maybe you acquired some nylon jobbies??

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

what would the ideal plectrums be or as a beginner does it not matter

ReplyQuote