Notifications
Clear all

first gutiar advice

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

Hello everybody i,m 46 never had guitar ever but thought i would start i,m going to get a IBANEZ GAX30 as my first ever guitar as i have swollen fingers and this has a wider fret board is there any advice for a beginner of my age i want to learn rock/blues but not the screaming rock

Isom
(@isom)
Eminent Member

All I can say is good luck with your pick. I am also new to guitar and I already have six because I'm looking for just the right one, and most are bought online. :roll: :note1: :note2: :note1:

:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

All I can say is good luck with your pick. I am also new to guitar and I already have six because I'm looking for just the right one, and most are bought online. :roll: :note1: :note2: :note1:
some people have told me if you can best to go into the shop so you can feel it and whatnot witch makes seance i guess

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

Why do you have 6 if your new as well

ReplyQuote
 Isom
(@isom)
Eminent Member

I just can't help myself. They are so pretty!!! Also, in the back of my head I keep thinking that if I find the right guitar that it will make me a better player. Until I find it I keep looking and keep practicing... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:note2: :note1: :note2:

Win Free Gear @ AmazonMusicGear.com

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

I just can't help myself. They are so pretty!!! Also, in the back of my head I keep thinking that if I find the right guitar that it will make me a better player. Until I find it I keep looking and keep practicing... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have to save for mine but only plan getting 2 guitars want to learn on the gax30 then get the prs 22 standard Santana but i understand they are so some are so beautiful what is your favorite and worse guitar i know its strange but i don't like the start or Les Paul not sure why just don't

ReplyQuote
(@gdub7870)
Eminent Member

I just started playing too. Bought an epiphone Les Paul which I'm giving to my son and picked up a minty Jackson Js22 to continue learning on. Currently working on power chord progression. Good luck

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

I find Snarling Dog Brain picks (nylon) or Jim Dunlop (nylon) picks easy...They don't spin around & the knurls keep them in place.

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

I find Snarling Dog Brain picks (nylon) or Jim Dunlop (nylon) picks easy...They don't spin around & the knurls keep them in place.
thanks for that i just brought random bundle from ebay

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

Maybe you acquired some nylon jobbies??

ReplyQuote
(@obelix)
Topic starter  

what would the ideal plectrums be or as a beginner does it not matter

ReplyQuote