For Newbs like me d...

Notifications
Clear all

For Newbs like me doing barre chords...

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I just found a great chord progression that sounds great and it includes one barre chord to help you change from barres to open and back. The progression is the following:

C#m Aadd9 E B11

It also allows you to "work" the fretboard meaning you are up and down the neck. The site I got it from is HERE and the video is great and he shows some tricks to help with the changes. Don't worry about the strumming pattern he is doing. Do a simple D D D D to start. Worry only about the chord changes for now. The barre is basically the "E" shaped barre (also the F barre and G barre chords) so if you can do this one you can move it up and down the neck.

I had my guitar at work today and was playing this progression during lunch. My coworker walked in and said "That sounds relaxing" and I was only doing a simple DU DU strum pattern. The chord progression is great!

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the link,
I have been struggling badly here lately with my barre chords.
I thought I was doing good and can change chords ok and just keep the strumming going.
But now barre chords are starting to show up in my fingerstyle music and when you play fingerstyle every note counts.
I can get a great melody line going with an underlying rhythm cadence, things are sounding great, notes ringing clear and then comes a "Thump" that one note in a barre chord that is muted or partially muted.
I could get away with it when strumming chords but not any more.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Try La Bamba...

That will improve hand strength dramatically

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey thanks for the chord progression..

I changed it around a little to see what I could come up with...

C#m Aadd9 E F#m G#m

Oh yeah, I'm original. :roll: I had to throw the V chord in there though.

ReplyQuote
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Yo Mike..........

That is exactly the kind of stuff I like to play in my practice and for relaxing at the end of the day.

Thanks for the link. I really like that one.

If you come across anything else like that with new strumming patterns mixed up like that, do let us know. 8)

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

ReplyQuote
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

Hey I'm a newbie struggling with barre chords, thanks for the link!

ReplyQuote