Fur Elise with some chords please

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum but . . .
I have a request.
The following is a link for the song Fur Elise:
http://www.learnandmasterguitar.com/member/supplement_files/session4/fur_elise.pdf
I really like this song and would like to play it with some chords in it.
Not a lot since I'm just beginning.
Just one chord at the end of each ascencion or descension ((don't know the appropriate word).
But I don't know what the appropriate chord would be since (again) I'm just a beginner.

If someone has the time could they take a look and tell me what chord to play for the
A
B
C
F
D
E
Those are the notes at the end of each grouping?

Thanks (move over Beethoven),
Ken

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Try this.

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, EB
That was helpful. Basically, the same song but a little more complicated.
The version you linked me to tells me the 2 notes to pluck. They're in the chord that is denoted above the note.
I was thinking it would be a a whole (or partial) chord to strum.
I was hoping for a chord since I play with a pick instead of my fingers.
It seems I'm being forced to start using my fingers on my right hand.
And I'm totally preoccupied with getting my fingers on the left hand working!
Doing both is going to tax this brain to the max.
And then your link shows a guy playing the song with two guitars!!!! AAAAaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Fearing a meltdown due to (brain) system overload,
Ken

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Ken you can play that version that Elektra posted using a pick if you fill in the chord notes and strum from the bass to the melody note.
Chord 1 is shown just as two notes A in the bass and A in the melody. So you can hold A minor and strum strings 5, 4 & 3. That includes an extra chord note E on string 4

For chord 2, hold an E major and strum strings 6, 5, 4, 3 & 2. That way you're getting the bass note E, the melody note B and all the other chord notes in between.
You can do that with every chord.

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Neat! I'll try that.
This is such a pretty song. And the chords are pretty easy. The first two chords are similar. Same finger positioning, just a shift. Beautiful melody.
I'm surprised I haven't heard a "rocked out" version like the guy that became famous on YouTube for his version of Pachelbel's Canon in D.

Thanks FretSource.

From fretsores (on fingers),
Ken

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I posted an easy tab of this song some time ago inspired by my 9 year old daughter playing this on piano. I also love this beautiful melody. This is not the entire song, but a short version. It shows the chords.

https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25763

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote