Clear all

G chord

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@have-mercy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

when ever you place your finger on a fret and play that chord, you all know sound does not come cause your fingers on it,When I place my finger on the fret g, and play i it, it still vibrates and makes noise, is it because its loose?

(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

think you mean a buzzing or incorrect sound :? position your finger just behind metal fret bar and you should get a nice clear note, if not move around a bit untill you have a clear note :D then apply same position to all notes and your on your way ok :D :D smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

ReplyQuote
(@have-mercy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

well its too late now i thpought it was loose and tightened it till it ripped

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I'm throughly confused. Did you break a string because you thought it was loose and then tightened up till it broke? Also can you reword the first post?

ReplyQuote
(@dennisf6)
Trusted Member

So, sounds like you decided on a Guitar. What did you get? Costco? Squire? If so, which Squire? Other guitar?

Like the others, I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are getting a string buzzing sound when you try to play, it may be finger position, finger pressure (too light), or it may be that your guitar needs some adjustments (most likely the neck). This is to be expected with cheaper guitars (the Costco one anyway). If you don't get the noise to go away by varying your finger position within the fret, or by trying different amounts of finger pressure, my advice would be to take it to a music shop for what they call a "setup". A small shop near me does this for $50. My local Guitar Center charges over $100, so it does pay to look around.

You probably don't want to spend more right now after you just spent all the cash on equipment, but getting a good setup is SO worthwhile. Your guitar will be much more playable and you will be much less frustrated.

I want to play guitar very badly -
and I do!

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

He PM'ed me the other day. I told him to post it here but I see he didn't, so I will post what he sent me.

i thought g was loose because when you place your finger on a fret it doesnt vibbrate, but g did...so i tightened it and the string broke, so i need a new string and i will get every string new because the strings i have are extra and dangle out of the machine head thing

ReplyQuote