Clear all

goals

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@rhcpfan)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

recently I have seen people wondering what to learn. It is important to have goals. So if you want us to help you we must know your goals. Maybe it would be a great idea to write down your goals here. Ill write my goals later.

(@henrik)
Trusted Member

My goal is to be able to play a whole song, and it should sound good to... Might take a while to get there though :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@frosk)
Trusted Member

Hm. My first goal is to be able to play house of hte rising sun, after six weeks i'm not there yet. a bit demotivated right now i must admit, but... if i stop i won't ever learn it, right? And we wouldn't want that.

ReplyQuote
(@redneckrocker)
Estimable Member

I would say my biggest goals right now would be learning to play by ear, and starting to move out of chords more into lead lines.

~Mike the Redneck Rocker.

"The only two things in life that make it worth living are guitars that tune good and firm feeling women" - Waylon

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

my goals are

To be able to play the following songs on birthday this year

1/ Jet Air plane : John Denver

2/ Kiss angel Good morning : Charlie Pride { with riff }

3/ Dream Lover : Bobbi Darem

4/ Bad Monn Riseing : CCR

And maybe happy birthday ...

I have until 17 September

We will see how I go

Trevor

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

recently I have seen people wondering what to learn. It is important to have goals. So if you want us to help you we must know your goals. Maybe it would be a great idea to write down your goals here. Ill write my goals later.

When I first picked up a guitar almost 6 years ago, at the young age of 51 my goal was to be able to play some "campfire songs" stuff like "On top of Old Smoky" and "Home on the Range". Once I got to that point I was hooked, perhaps its time to set some new goals other than the general goal which is just to get better.
Eric

ReplyQuote
(@maliciant)
Reputable Member

My goal used to be get good at learning songs by ear, really good, unfortunately I think I have to adjust my goal to be, actually practice learning songs by ear, I'm one of the many who can't hardly tune his guitar by ear, so it's frustrating though hardly being able to tune by ear is far better than where I started out.

ReplyQuote
(@colonel)
Eminent Member

Goals -
1. Be persistent
2. Have patience
3. Practice, practice, practice

Leadership is based on inspiration, not domination; on cooperation, not intimidation.

-- William Arthur Wood

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

We answer this one fairly regularly round here. It's interesting that they don't really change much

Pass my Grade 7 in June

Play in the Staff Concert this year (had to cancel last year when I had to fly to the States for work)

Pass my Grade 8 in December

Record more

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote